Friday, October 17, 2008

Tattooing Animals - Art or Abomination?

Todays topic is tattoos. first off, I consider tattoos an art form, and people who go around saying that all tattoos are stupid bother the hell out of me. However I do believe there is a limit, and that limit has been reached. Most of you have probably heard that some people get their pets tattooed, but im betting very few of you have actually seen it. Im not talking about registration tattoos for show animals, but pictures and designs intended to be art.





Tattooed fish at a petstore in Williamsville, NY. Exactly how does one tattoo a fish? Very carefully im guessing. As for why anyone would tattoo a fish, I have no idea.





Sedated pig being tattooed by professionals in Beijing.








Its bad enough that these people tattooed their dog, but come on, could they have picked anything more degrading???








Whoa.... The scariest thing about this picture is that I suddenly want a hairless cat...





And this ones makes me hope i never encounter one... Im torn!











I cant tell which looks more alive, the beard or the dog...








This one is hard to see, but just as crazy as the rest.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

a few of those are fake.
the one with the cat with the earring is fake.

but on a serious note, i think it's aweful.

i LOVE tattoos and i hope to be covered one day.
i also have two chihuahua dogs who are like babies to me and i would NEVER tattoo them! it just seems wrong and twisted, no matter if their sedated or not.

Alcorn said...

Actually the cat one is not fake, check your sources of information. The dog with the fash tattoo's however im not sure about, because ink doesnt usually appear that vibrantly on animals.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I actually think this is cool if done right. If the animal is numb and cant feel the pain then I don't see anything wrong with it. i mean you can argue and say that "what if the cat or dog didn't want to be tattooed" but I say "well what if the dog doesn't want to wear the pink collar or he/she wants to be a street dog and not a house dog" I think it is cool and maybe i will tattoo my dog

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Regarding all aspects the blog was perfectly nice. site